Utility Rate Project Manager
Founded in 1988, FCS GROUP is in the business of providing utility rate analysis, financial, economic, and management consulting services for governmental agencies and utilities. We facilitate sound decision-making and management by public officials and stakeholders by applying a solutions-focused analytical approach to public sector issues and programs.
FCS GROUP fosters an inclusive and collaborative work environment. Scheduling flexibility and work-life balance are a key to the professional and personal success of all employees of the firm. The firm is committed to building an increasingly diverse workforce that values all experiences and perspectives.
Project Manager candidates are defined by strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and to direct analytical activities, aptitude for evaluating analytical findings and related policy issues, and a commitment to quality and client service. Must be able to both execute and manage analytical efforts while providing high quality, innovative utility rate and general government financial consulting to public sector agencies throughout the Western United States.
Professional responsibilities will include managing and/or conducting long-term financial planning, cost of service and cost allocation analyses, fiscal policy review, economic/financial feasibility analyses and financial modeling/quantitative analysis related to water, sewer, stormwater, electric, transportation, parks, and solid waste utility financial needs.
The successful candidate will manage and execute projects of all sizes and juggle multiple projects and project schedules simultaneously. Position growth potential includes increased policy analysis, client interaction, business development, and management/supervision of analytical work performed by others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages and supports project execution, including analysis, evaluation, documentation and presentation.
- Provides high quality return on client investment in our services through complete and insightful work products.
- Works to help develop and manage analytical staff and guide and monitor work performance and products generated by analysts.
- Manages to established project budgets and schedules.
- Actively participates in sole source and competitive marketing activities to obtain new business.
- Participates in and presents at professional association conferences
Qualified candidates will have:
- Requires five years related professional experience providing consulting to the public sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- 4-year degree in Economics, Business or Public Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative fields; graduate degree preferred. Strong analytical skills a must.
- Mastery of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with MS Access and SPSS or other statistical packages also a plus.
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexibility to travel to client sites; may be out of state and may require Company-paid overnight lodging.
- Flexibility to attend elected official meetings often held in the evening.
Benefits of employment at FCS Group:
- 85% of employee and 45% for dependents of health (medical, dental, and vision) benefits paid by FCS Group.
- 8 Designated Paid Holidays.
- Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Annual paid sick leave.
- 401k and IRA plans with automatic company minimum contribution equivalent to 3% of your annual salary.
- Paid Education Benefits.
- Flexible work schedule with telecommuting opportunities.
- Partial reimbursement for carpooling or public transportation commuting.
- Committed and ongoing emphasis on workforce diversity and career growth potential.
EOE. Annual Salary: $100,000 to $160,000 DOE. Positions currently available in Lake Oswego, OR, Redmond, WA, and Boulder, CO.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or submit using the form at the bottom of this page. Include “Utility Rate Project Manager” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.