Management Consulting Project Consultant
Founded in 1988, FCS GROUP is in the business of providing financial, economic, and management consulting services for governmental agencies. We facilitate sound decision-making and management by public officials and stakeholders by applying a solutions-focused analytical approach to public sector issues and programs.
FCS GROUP fosters an inclusive and collaborative work environment. Scheduling flexibility and work-life balance are a key to the professional and personal success of all employees of the firm. The firm is committed to building an increasingly diverse workforce that values all experiences and perspectives.
The open position is for a professional with governmental accounting and budgeting, cost accounting / auditing experience. This person will participate in our growing management consulting practice focused on performing public sector policy and analysis related to cost allocation; user fees; program effectiveness; efficiency reviews; benchmarking studies; strategic analysis and organizational reviews.
Candidates will be defined by strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, aptitude for evaluating analytical findings and related policy issues, and a commitment to quality work and client service. The successful candidate will execute projects of all sizes and juggle multiple projects and project schedules simultaneously. Position growth potential includes increased policy analysis, marketing, and management/supervision of analytical work performed by others.
Work is performed for county, city and state governments and includes engagements-studies for Building and Community Development, Parks and Recreation, Fire/EMS, Transportation, Libraries, Planning and Land Use, Public Works and Utilities, among others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primarily analytical work content with increased responsibility for collecting and validating data, performing research, and documenting analytical and policy issues.
- Work effectively toward specific project objectives on time and within designated budget.
- Gathers and organizes data, including interviewing clients.
- Prepares written documents and reports.
- Helps create materials for presentations to staff, public officials, and citizen advisory groups, and participate in presentations.
- Participates in business development activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- 4-year degree preferably in a quantitative discipline or related B.S. (MBA/MPA a plus).
- 5 years of related professional experience including accounting and reporting, cost accounting, government accounting, budgeting and auditing for a public agency or consulting practice (current CPA license a plus).
- Specific industry knowledge not required, however, a commitment to learning in combination with adept analytical and research skills is desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word at a minimum.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites; may be out of state and may require Company-paid overnight lodging.
Benefits of employment at FCS Group:
- 85% of employee and 45% for dependents of health (medical, dental, and vision) benefits paid by FCS Group.
- 8 Designated Paid Holidays.
- Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Annual paid sick leave.
- 401k and IRA plans with automatic company minimum contribution equivalent to 3% of your annual salary.
- Paid Education Benefits.
- Flexible work schedule with telecommuting opportunities.
- Partial reimbursement for carpooling or public transportation commuting.
- Committed and ongoing emphasis on workforce diversity and career growth potential.
EOE. Salary: DOE. Position currently available in Redmond, Washington or Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Management Consulting Project Consultant” in the email subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a long-standing commitment to provide equal opportunity on the basis of individual merit and personal qualifications to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic characteristics or genetic health information about an employee or an employee’s family, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, medical condition, membership of military service, veteran’s status, political ideology, height, or weight or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.