Management Consulting Project Consultant
Founded in 1988, FCS GROUP is in the business of providing financial, economic, and management consulting services for governmental agencies. We facilitate sound decision-making and management by public officials and stakeholders by applying a solutions-focused analytical approach to public sector issues and programs.
FCS GROUP fosters an inclusive and collaborative work environment. Scheduling flexibility and work-life balance are a key to the professional and personal success of all employees of the firm. The firm is committed to building an increasingly diverse workforce that values all experiences and perspectives.
The open position is for a professional with governmental accounting and budgeting, cost accounting / auditing experience. This person will participate in our growing management consulting practice focused on performing public sector policy and analysis related to cost allocation; user fees; program effectiveness; efficiency reviews; benchmarking studies; strategic analysis and organizational reviews.
Candidates will be defined by strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, aptitude for evaluating analytical findings and related policy issues, and a commitment to quality work and client service. The successful candidate will execute projects of all sizes and juggle multiple projects and project schedules simultaneously. Position growth potential includes increased policy analysis, client interaction, marketing, and management/supervision of analytical work performed by others.
Work is performed for county, city and state governments and includes projects for Building and Community Development, Parks and Recreation, Fire/EMS, Transportation, Libraries, Planning and Land Use, Public Works and Utilities, among others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform primarily analytical work with increased responsibility for collecting and validating data, researching, and documenting analytical and policy issues.
- Work effectively toward specific project objectives on time and within designated budget.
- Gather and organize data, including interviewing clients.
- Prepare written documents and reports.
- Help create materials for presentations to staff, public officials, and citizen advisory groups, and participate in presentations.
- Participate in business development activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- 4-year degree preferably in a quantitative discipline or related B.S. (MBA/MPA a plus).
- 5 years of related professional experience as a financial or management analyst. Public sector experience is highly desirable, particularly in the areas of finance, cost accounting, budgeting, or auditing.
- Must be able to effectively juggle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining high quality deliverables.
- A commitment to learning in combination with adept analytical and research skills is strongly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word at a minimum.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites; may be out of state and may require Company-paid overnight lodging.
Benefits of employment at FCS Group:
- 85% of employee and 45% for dependents of health (medical, dental, and vision) benefits paid by FCS Group.
- 8 Designated Paid Holidays.
- Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Annual paid sick leave.
- 401k and IRA plans with automatic company minimum contribution equivalent to 3% of your annual salary.
- Paid Education Benefits.
- Flexible work schedule with telecommuting opportunities.
- Partial reimbursement for carpooling or public transportation commuting.
- Committed and ongoing emphasis on workforce diversity and career growth potential.
EOE. Salary: DOE. Position currently available in Redmond, Washington or Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Management Consulting Project Consultant” in the email subject line.