Financial Analyst (Washington, Oregon, or Colorado)
FCS GROUP is in the business of providing financial, economic, and management consulting services. We facilitate sound decision-making and management by public officials and stakeholders by applying a solutions-focused analytical approach to public sector issues and programs, often in support of life-sustaining infrastructure and improved quality of life.
FCS GROUP fosters an inclusive and collaborative work environment. Scheduling flexibility and work-life balance are a key to the professional and personal success of all employees of the firm. The firm is committed to building an increasingly diverse workforce that values all experiences and perspectives.
Open position focuses on analytical work in support of FCS GROUP’s utility rate and general government financial consulting efforts. Responsible for financial and economic spreadsheet modeling and analysis including, but not limited to, financial forecasting, cost allocations, cost of service analyses and rate design structuring. Ideal applicant will develop analytical models, summary tables and graphics, presentation materials, technical memoranda, and written reports. Growth potential includes increased policy analysis, marketing, and management/supervision of analytical work. FCS GROUP has four main business sectors: Utility Rate and Fee Consulting, Utility Management Consulting, Financial Planning and Analysis and Economic Services. Employees are encouraged and able to work across all sectors of the company as desired.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primarily analytical work content with increased responsibility for collecting and validating data and documenting analytical and policy issues.
- Work effectively toward specific project objectives on time and within designated budget.
- Gathers and organizes data, including interviewing clients.
- Prepares written documents and reports.
- Helps create materials for presentations to staff, public officials, and citizen advisory groups, and may participate in presentations.
- Participates in business development activities as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- 4-year degree preferably in a quantitative discipline or related B.S (MBA/MPA a plus).
- Specific industry knowledge not required, however, a commitment to learning in combination with adept analytical skills is desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites; may be out of state and may require Company-paid overnight lodging.
Benefits of employment at FCS Group:
- 85% of employee and 45% for dependents of health (medical, dental, and vision) benefits paid by FCS Group.
- 8 Designated Paid Holidays and 1 paid floating holiday.
- Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Annual paid sick leave.
- 401k and IRA plans with automatic company match equivalent to 3% of your annual salary.
- Paid Education Benefits.
- Flexible work schedule with telecommuting opportunities.
- Partial reimbursement for carpooling or public transportation commuting.
- Committed and ongoing emphasis on workforce diversity and career growth potential.
EOE. Salary DOE. Send resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Reference “Position 12015” in your cover letter as well as state your preferred work location – Redmond, Washington, Lake Oswego, Oregon or Boulder, Colorado
We are an equal opportunity employer with a long-standing commitment to provide equal opportunity on the basis of individual merit and personal qualifications to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic characteristics or genetic health information about an employee or an employee’s family, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, medical condition, membership of military service, veteran’s status, political ideology, height, or weight or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.